Re: Introducing: Out of Sight Games

@Joseph:
It sounds fantastic that you also have a translation feature in mind, and subtitles as well. [[wow]].
If the translation is being implemented in the game, then using sapi wouldn't be an issue. But until translation has been implemented, then I see it as an issue. I'll show you why practicaly:
Here is a link to an online demo page with all the voices from Acapella:
http://www.acapela-group.com/voices/demo/
On this page, you can choose what language you wanna test, what voice, and then you can type in a text in the text box, and click the listen button to have the selected voice reading the text. If you type in the messages sapi announces in the game, and for example choose the danish language, Arabic, Japanese, German or whatever other language, you'll realize that people really have to get used to understand when the sapi voice in their language speaks english. So in other word s: If those messages in the battles are important, then people needs to understand those. If not in their own language, then in english, which of course is the reason for people are switching the voice on their screenreader. So, because my main language is danish, I switch the voice on whatever screenreader I'm using to english while reading english text. The same goes for the sapi voice if I need to use that, because I don't understand all the english text read by a danish voice.
I do really understand why you want sapi to announce those messages in the battles from the enemys persission, because it feels more natural, but the sounds are comming from the enemies anyway, and the enemy don't have the sapi voice, like wolf don't talk, so for that reason I don't mind using a screenreader announcing the status if an enemy has been hit or not. I can easily identify what enemy the screenreader is talking about because of the sounds. I'm not saying that t he sapi feature should be removed. but this should just be an optional thing if you wanna use sapi for that or the screenreader.
I'll recommend you to give the demo page a try, so you can see for yourself what I mean. You can start out by the most known languages: German, Frensh, Spannish, and then the other languages just to see that things are getting even more worse and funny. smile
Please note: That's of course only my opinion. I'm sure many people still will enjoy the game very much if they are forced to use sapi.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ian Reed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mr . brunete via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector