Re: should accessible steam games be added to the database

Ahoy all

What people don't get when they talk about x y z audiogames having not been added to the database is not the unwillingness of the mods or the people with database rights to add them, but the availability of time and interests that they have in that perticular game.
If you'd like to see a game added,and can write out a review or what have you a description would be more apt of the game and how the gameplay actually functions, ask dark or other mods/admins if they'd consider adding Z title to the database if you were to write a satisfactory description etc for the thing. Write it up if approved, send it and if you have written it as they want it, the game will be added.
This is what was done for Japanese games.

As to steam? as much as I'd like to see skullgirls in the database because I really admire the work its developer has done, steam is a horrible piece of software that has no bloody access and is a lot painful than installing a few softwares/ requirements for the Japanese  games.

Are people actually saying steam is so eazy to use that I can use it with JAWS no issues and don't need NVDA to use the thing? at people who said steam is far easyer to get working than Japanese titles.
I don't really know what you guys do to make the client so easy to use so much so that you'd go recommending the use of the client to users that might not really know much about computers and not be as advance when it comes to these things, at least the Japanese games only requires you to have the knowledge to install a software NVDA and add jap keyboard to go on with,instructions for which can not only be found in the guide but anywhere on the hole internet.

How easy steam is to use for users can be seen on the topic ABL released on steam, where people have nothing but problems getting steam to work.
I followed the steam guide myself, wanting to buy ABL, used jaws,used nvda with OCR add on, but it was nothing but a najor flop on its arse after trying hours and hours of getting it to work.
I did manage to run skullgirls god knows how much work it was, defenatly more than that required for Japanese games years ago,and it is something I really wouldn't go recommending to the average user.

All that aside, I don't see any titles on steam besides ABL and skullgirls, so what titles besides those would people be wanting added in the database?
grryf

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Lettsee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : bradp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ianhamilton_ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ianhamilton_ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector