Re: Introducing: Out of Sight Games

Bruno, SLJ, Thanks for the kind words. Regarding getting the game translated by human beings, we appreciate the offers, and may very well be in touch, since human translation will always be superior - however, it's also going to be an enormous amount of work just because the volume of text, so we're pretty excited to at least have this on-demand option for now. Plus Ian tells me that getting the game set up for on-demand translation has helped him with some certain things in the engine that will make it easier to implement written translations down the road.

kyles.supernova - Regarding your question, we'll definitely be building off of this engine to create future titles from Out of Sight Games. As for whether or not the engine will be available to end-users for their own projects - that's a question I can't answer. The truth is that most people who are looking for an "engine" to build their game don't realize that an engine is really only designed to handle basic mechanics - figuring out where sounds should play, doing math, getting things to move properly, and so on. Most of your higher-level information really needs to be game-specific. I'd recommend that any questions about the engine itself, and its availability for future projects, should be directed to Ian.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mr . brunete via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kyles . supernova via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kyles . supernova via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : avidgamer via Audiogames-reflector