Re: Introducing: Out of Sight Games

No worries, I definitely get where you're coming from. I wasn't necessarily trying to say you should do exactly the same thing as a big game studio does, just that those were some options to look at... and frankly, if push comes to shove I'd rather see a game released later than rushed, that's for sure! And while it's true that a lot of studios do announce games with tentative release dates, it's usually a relatively small time frame... q2 2017, just throwing one out there, and that doesn't stay for long... the release date is usually announced some time soon after that, up to six months before release. But i definitely understand not having the history and the like to make predictions. And I don't think I would say that the only reason fighting games can release character trailers is because it doesn't spoil things... on the contrary, I think that actually does ruin a lot of surprises. But many rpg titles, particularly out of Japan usu ally have one trailer come out every so often, sometimes it's just the player wandering a new location or getting into a random battle with a mob, or a fragment of a story cutscene that contains no spoilers. I actually avoid watching fighting game character reveals every month, and thank God it's only every month, because that does actually ruin the experience for me when the game finally comes out.. but when it's a trailer that has a super combo compilation, or story clips, I definitely do watch it... even in character reveals a lot of stuff is left out since most of them is clips of them fighting against other characters. But I understand what you're saying, and I have no problem with waiting as long as it takes... I'm just saying that there are some people who might appreciate more regular updates on game progress, whatever form that takes. It's a fine line but I think you've by far done a great job at walking it, I would just have rathered 10 s horter clips over a few months than the three demos we got back, I don't even remember when, despite how long they were. I actually wouldn't mind some previews of some of the skills, attacks etc, maybe without the names being read out and the efffect, just what they sound like in a battle context, or some of the interactivity possible in the game. But that's all in your own time, and my post wasn't meant to sound critical, either, and I appologize if it did. It's just my point of view as someone who's observed the business models of most of the well known game studios out there from a gamer's perspective, and I want this game's interest not to die down. I'm looking forward to whatever comes next!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mr . brunete via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kyles . supernova via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kyles . supernova via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : avidgamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector