Re: audio described movies BT sinc folder

What program is used to download this bit sync folder? Although I prefer to download my movies from the Movie Vault, I want to see if this folder has any movies the Movie Vault doesn't have.

Curiosity killed the cat. Fortunately I'm not a cat. I got curious, so I asked Lee, the guy who manages and maintains the Blind Mice Movie Vault, if there was a specific reason why they use Sendspace over Dropbox. He said that it was because Dropbox monitors who downloads any particular file and when it sees the file being downloaded by too many different people, the file is removed or downloads of it are permanently blocked. Not very appropriate for the Movie Vault. He said this happens regardless of whether the Dropbox account hosting the file is a free or paid account. So, since Sendspace has no such restrictions, several paid accounts are used to host the Movie Vault's files. I didn't ask why they use several accounts, it wasn't important.

So it appears that Dropbox isn't a good choice for hosting files you intend to share, regardless of whether your account is free or paid, the shared files will eventually be blocked from further downloads.

@mastodont

Unless it's part of a name, I believe that sync is spelled s y n c, not s I n c.

@Arqmeister

I did some further checking, and learned that only the theatrical (shorter) versions of the Lord of the Rings movies got audio description. The extended cut editions never got it.