Re: Audio Game Maker, Does Anyone know where to get it

@Garret, unfortunately coding is sort of a necessary evil of game creation, there won't be a way around that however you go, and the only way to learn coding is! to read up and try the examples and such. I can't speak for Python since while a lot of people have praised it I don't believe many audiogames have been made with it specifically, (though I could be wrong), but you can see the results of Bgt in a lot of the better games we've had, going as far as complex things like Manamon or Crazy party.

There is however a rather nice alternative if you want to do creation in a less complex way, and that is as I said try making some maps or levels or mods for existing games, heck some mods have become complex enough to almost be separate games in themselves, like the max pain mod for superliam or the crazy mod forr Sound Rts, not to mention some of the longer Adventure at C stages.

I don't know if anyone would have more time to help you with swamp campaigns or the like, but it's something worth looking into if you want to make some games, and something people would appreciate.

@Phil, It's interesting that that site is planely modern but I haven't heard of any updates to audio game maker in about ten years, much less anything people have actually made with it, I wonder where the project is, perhaps someone who speaks Dutch could let us know.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : garrett via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GhorthalonTheDragon via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : garrett via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : garrett via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : garrett via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : garrett via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GhorthalonTheDragon via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : garrett via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : garrett via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JWoodill21 via Audiogames-reflector