Re: A question about asian languages

I had the same thing happen with me when I wanted the Zhengdu screen reader to read the Chinese it is normally made to read. One of my Chinese students thought it might have something to do with my default system language being English instead of Chinese. This problem continues even if I have a chinese language pack installed. I thought this was a Zhengdu problem, but maybe it could be something deeper. As for changing characters in to a romanized alphabet such as pinyin for Chinese, I think my school where I work uses something for this when they create the class student lists with pinyin next to the characters for the names, but I am not sure, and I can't tell you what it is if they do. I only assume it is a computer because Chinese hansi cannot fully show the sounds of Tibetan, and whatever it did really messed up the names of 2 students. I would hope a person would have done a little more research, especially when the names of these people came out to something like 4 cha racters.