Re: I'm seriously concerned

My post is completely off-topic--please disregard it if you like.

Nocturnus, in post 18, you are misinterpreting the statement about "Live your life to the fullest." I completely understand where you and the other people chiming in on it are coming from--it is not okay to be a terrorist or damage the lives of other people for your own enjoyment (though they don't do it for enjoyment--there is always an underlying mental health issue, but that is beside the point). The purpose of that statement is to emphasise to people that they do not have to conform to societal expectations and principles if they don't want to and to see beyond the traditional views of the world--to take risks and see what they can achieve. How often we see rich people with millions of dollars just sitting in banks, probably going to be donated down the generations with very little of it ever spent. They could donate it to charity or start businesses, or put it to use in some way, but t hey don't. How often we see people given scholarships to attend prestigious schools, universities, institutions and the like who do not make good use of them. How often we see people who could travel around the world to enhance their understanding of life to change something, but nothing ever comes of their miraculous trip, or worse still, they never go on the trip at all. How often we see people promoted in businesses who make nothing of it, people having friends and family with great lives who could do something to change theirs, but they don't embrace the opportunities that are available to them. We need people who go out on a limb and dabble in something that they have never tried before--people like Steve Jobs and Charles Darwin.

As for post 21, JAWS could be somewhat less expensive now, but profit is always the #1 priority for Freedom Scientific.