Microsoft's Surface Book VS. Apple's MacBook Pro 2016

Hi folks,

Has anyone checked out the new Microsoft Surface Book and the new Apple MacBook Pro?

I have to say, I'm quite disappointed with Apple's attempt at a new release of their notebook.  Between the touchbar that replaces the function key row and its inability to offer anything more than just upgraded processing power, I thank my lucky stars I bought a mid-2015 model when I did.  That's enough of the Apple side, at least in my opinion...

The Surface Book seems to be the highlight of Microsoft's line of products this holiday season.  What makes it at least an appealing machine is that it has the capability of transforming into a tablet.  If I'm not mistaken, the display can also be used as a touchscreen while in laptop mode.  The keyboard, from my understanding, detaches and provides functionality across different mobile setups.  Integrated with an upgraded battery expected to sustain a 16-hour cycle and a n impressive 2GB dedicated graphics card (which can be upgraded to 4GB), the Surface Book offers quite a bit of power.

I currently own an MBP mid-2015 model with Bootcamp running Windows 10.  The battery, however, isn't so good when it runs the Windows side.  That is obviously to be expected.  I just sank $3,000 into this machine, so I'm not considering a Surface Book any time soon, but think it would be beneficial to take a look at if I need a machine dedicated for jhust Windows down the road.

In comparison with each other, the Surface Book offers better battery life, more power, and more functionality overall.  Apple seems to split the two pieces of functionality between its new MBP and the iPad Pro, whereas Microsoft implemented two in one work-around concerning the laptop and tablet modes.  The major shortcoming of the new MBP is that it doesn't offer the touchscreen.  I would have thought by now Apple would learn that it& #039;s lagging behind in the innovative way of handling its products, but alas, the lesson hasn't been learned yet.

Any thoughts on these two devices?  I don't know much about the Surface Book from a user standpoint since it hasn't been released to enough people to give any reviews.

Best,

Luke