Re: Microsoft's Surface Book VS. Apple's MacBook Pro 2016

Slow OS X performance generally means it's time for a clean install. At the very least try an NVRAM reset (Command-Option-P-R at boot until it chimes thrice). My Mac Mini 2010 with HD and 8 GB RAM is doing fine under Sierra although I use it for running Windows XP nowadays.

My beef with Win10 is less about the OS (I use 8.1) but privacy. I don't like the direction MS are going in at all. I'll take another look at Win10 when M$ aren't snooping and I have complete control over what gets sent and when. Yeah, even with the bugs in macOS creeping up to insane levels, I'd still rather be two releases behind than on Win10. Maybe one day I will surrender, but not yet ...