Re: Kickstarter Project for "A Hero's Call" from Out of Sight Games

With respect to how in-game content will be delivered, a lot of this could be alleviated by developing for the Steam platform. You then could just make the special items pack a DLC item, and generate redemption codes for backers. You could then offer the DLC at a slightly marked up price, so that those who happen upon the game later can still have access to these special items, albeit at a slight premium.

This is a point I keep trying to make with Aprone. I love the man, but I've been trying so hard to make him see that micro payments really are the here and now of gaming. Depending on the game, the micro payment options don't have to be world-changing, but also depending on the game, they could be (inclusion of new characters, maps, etc).

As far as environmental effects are concerned, as I understand it, the various programming libraries to handle on-the-fly ambient effects is slightly complex, so unless Ian et al know the library's quirks and such, thi s might be tough to pull off. That being said, I, too, will be stoked if it's doable.

Kai

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector