Re: Monthly Chat February 2017

As for me, not much has been happening after the trip to Florida. sad However, I did find a very interesting NSF. For those who don't know, NSF is a chip format mostly used on the NES, Nintendo Entertainment System. Basically, on the FDS chip,, there is a feature that can be enabled called FDS Write Protect, which protects certain memory addresses from being written to. Interestingly, the writer of this particular NSF checks if FDS Write Protection is enabled, and, if it is not, will use the chip itself to tell you to enable it. Yes, the actual FDS will talk, in a very strange voice but you can understand it. That's very innovative because usually, NSF'S will usually just play, and having something that checks like that is very rare. As far as I know, the author would have had to code this on their own, in assembly. And, when FDS Write Protection is enabled, an entire song pla ys, and that song is interesting as well. Well, that's all for now turtles I mean folks. big_smile In other news, as I was posting that, the forum asked me a stop bots question. I won't post the question or answer here, lest the bots check out the forum and find out big_smile