Re: Computer Science Majors: Current and Past

I'm curious. Since every university, college, etc classifies Computer Programming as Computer Science, what would be a suitable major to go into to program?
I'm guessing there are none, since my college says I *have* to be a computer science major to do any kind of Computer Programming. Perhaps they're only just telling me that because CS courses are the only courses they offer within the field. Even when I tell them I'd like to be a Software Engineer, I guess that still means CS.
I'm interested in programming, not really interested in everything else that goes with CS. Am I interested in CS concepts? Sure. It's not for everyone though, and my college has been pushing it on me because they know I am interested in programming. They keep saying CS is the best option though lol. I'm sure it has, probably has the best jobs in the field, but IDK--IT's so broad it's hard to choose.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hammer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diego via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucwgamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : zub0 via Audiogames-reflector