Re: A couple of windows 10 questions

You may be able to pin items to the start list by opening the context menu and choosing pin to start. Still, I'd recommend using Classic Shell. I don't like how the menu is arranged as a hybrid start menu/start screen.

Are you serious about 32 bit SAPI voices not working? Does it give you an error and fail to install? If you can't select the voice as your default voice, you need to access the 32 bit speech control panel. In the run dialogue, type "c:\windows\syswow64\speech\speechux\sapi.cpl" without the quotes. This should launch the speech settings where you can select the default voice. If I didn't get that syntax exactly correct, you can navigate to that folder using File Explorer and launch the sapi.cpl file manually. You may have to reboot after saving your changes. I know this works in Windows 7. If Microsoft completely did away with that supportin 64 bit versions of 10, that is truly sad.