Re: A couple of windows 10 questions

@Chris, thanks again, the sapi thing has worked fine and I've now got my voice back, hurrah!

@turtlepower, I wouldn't want the manuals on the desktop either, but if this stupid convention of windows continues with annoying start menus, maybe developers should start doing that more often to save people having to traul the program folders themselves.
I have had experience of the desktop on windows 7, since I setup my lady's machine to use it, but again it just seems a rather clunky way around as compared to say the way on Xp I could just install say vipmud, then have a gma games\vipmud folder with all the right shortcuts in it, and the desktop icon just as a quick way of running the program itself.

@Zersiax, Yes I've got the run dialgoue working and have used it for finding windows components like wordpad that aren't particularly obvious, but I'll confess it's not my favourite way of accessing things, especially  games since I tend to be a demon for subfolders, heck, even on Ios I try to keep one page per set of things and use folders per developer, though I do wish Ios supported multilple nested folders for it's aps, though that's another debate.