Re: Avalon MUD soundpack: german-english

Actually Caccio I think our problem with Avalon probably has the same source, namely the need  for total player input on progress.

For you it means too much by way of structured quests and tasks, for me, it meant no chance to explore or act independently, though it is likely true that if I had a mentor who got me far enough to progress I'd be probably be considerably happier with the game, although I would much rather do things myself than be reliant upon someone else.

Btw, I did see the mosaic tasks you mention, but the only one I managed to complete didn't really do very much, namely going to a certain village, two others I attempted, one for reading a certain help file and one for revoking divine protection just plane didn't work, and all of the others involved things like learning skills which once again I just plane could not do without other players.

For your needs though, I did get the strong impression that after the newbie phase yo u got far more independence and autonomy around the game, indeed I was primarily interested in Avalon myself not for quests or exploring, but  for it's farming and crafting, especially given what Mirage said in This topic about crafting muds and indeed This other topic about the game more generally.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mahdi via Audiogames-reflector