Re: Avalon MUD soundpack: german-english

Yeah, I completely share your opinion about this matter, I hate being forced to just wait passively, until I will finally be given the chance, to start playing the game the way I prefer.

And unfortunately that is exactly the phase I am in currently, since the only obvious way for my progressing seems to be following orders, in this case completing quests, tasks, missions assigned either by other players, or by some dumb NPC characters even, instead of performing actions or activities chosen by myself, like in Clok, Geas, or Discworld MUD for example. (that is also the reason why those 3 are my current favorite MUDs)

It's like this: I did get that pet "kitten" from a generous player, that's all fine and very nice, however, I must regularily feed it, for it will start losing health, and starve when it falls to 0.
And time after logging out also counts, so all the time I spent away from the game is "frozen" only for my character, but not for its pets, who could either be found and killed by other players, or just starve due hunger if I don't log in frequently enough.
I adore cats, and this one is of great use in combat too, so would really hate if that would happen, but I fear I am just unable to prevent it in my current situation.
Why?
Merely because I still havent reached the required general, or guild rank for certain elementary actions, like buying food for the cat on the market, (it doesn't eat or drink the most of the stuff available in bars), and even when I can, by some wonder, still buy food for it on the market, I am of a too low rank to hold and keep that food, so I drop it onto the ground the moment after buying, and also lack the high-enough rank to pick things up from the market ground, including the food I bought myself there, lol!!
So basically, without the assistence of the Avalon community, an aiding interaction of some other friendly player, that pet "kitten&quo t; will most likely starve quite soon, or get killed by some hostile player due the lack of safe shelter, (guess what, I am still too low ranked to be provided one, not allowed to enter even the rooms of my own guild yet), so, unless I will do those NPC, or player-assigned quests required for my further progress, a bunch of missions I am not interested in at all, I will have to just camp passively and watch my pet dying, without a chance granted to save it by myself on time!
(hell, it is probably already dead by now)

Edit:
Of course I could still completely ignore all those current quests and missions, after all none of them is obligatory anymore, and just wander out into the wilderness to explore, and fight creatures at will, so play the game the way I prefer, improving my targeted skills in my own way, meaning by performing chosen actions or activities, but I have not enough gold for a single piece of important equipment yet, not to mention armor, weapons and skill s...I surely wouldn't last long without those out there, especially in such an unrestricted PvP featuring MUD, even inside cities and towns!!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
[...]
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector