Re: Urgent actions required! We have a virus in Bloodshet!

alrighty, I've mostly been staying away from this nonsense because it's honestly childish, but I'm going to step in for two reasons, mainly that A, it's childish, and B, it has the potential of turning into something more serious.  No moderation hat as of yet, just advice and overall hand holding, in a sense.
To those playing Sam's games: RS-Games is also detected as malware depending on what program you ask.  I haven't run intense checks on it but can at least tell you of two programs that have picked it up as such, and I'm sure there are plenty of other games that get flagged as malicious regardless of what they're programmed in, Night of Parasite included.  Were I to go through the database right now I'd probably find at least 5 other titles that supposedly pose a threat of some sort; software is finiky at times and causes conflicts... Plain and simple.  You are advised never to use a piece of software or har dware without applying common sense.
To Sam: this is the second topic to my knowledge that has been created concerning your games on this forum, in the span of roughly 2 weeks.  Audiogames net as you well know does not promote malware, but I'm sure the overall administration panel will agree with me that it is not our responsibility to police software and screen every download link posted.  There are times when we, out of generosity, do take that plunge particularly when it concerns other software people aren't exactly sure of and which is being promoted as a helpful utility or other convenience.  We trust developers to post and promote content safely and to manage it to the best of their abilities because to protect the users of this forum is to protect audiogaming in general, a small and somewhat limited market currently in existence.
As a young developer, your attitude in post 29 is expected and can be appreciated, but perhaps it's time you stop to consider what your aim with developing games is, should you continue down this road.  If you are in fact creating games for everyone to enjoy, then I believe the responsibility of policing your software and making any necessary fixes including those that might be causing other people discomfort is one you should be taking seriously.  If you are making games for you and your friends alone, then I suggest you stop posting them here and save yourself and others a massive headache and time, because eventually the fact that you are so blatantly and carelessly looking the other way while people are reporting your games as malware is going to get around and hurt you.  Should we receive any official reports on this matter we may be forced to take action; what that may mean I do not currently know.  I urge you to act accordingly because I know you can and because we expect it of any developer that claims to have time to develop and maintain a game.
Can we pl ease settle this matter peacefully and without any further finger pointing and beating up on each other?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hamada via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : coltonhill01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dash via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seb2314 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector