Re: my personal experience on the rs games administration team

HI All,

I'm Mike, and I co-founded RS Games along with Ryan Smith.

First off, both of us sincerely apologize for the experience the original poster had with some of our staff. We genuinely appreciate his help as a developer, and will do everything we can to make it
right.

Ryan and I started RS Games as a side project when we were still in school. We are now both professional software engineers. The unfortunate reality is that after spending 40 hours per week developing software, spending more time programming is not always something that we want to do. Therefore, we have not been able to improve and extend the platform as much as we'd like to. Yet, we have kept RS Games going as best we can, because we know many of our users
really enjoy our games. It's a great feeling to be able to offer so many free games and a community to blind people all over the world.

I've heard some poor comparisons here to mainstream games. Mainstream games are developed by large teams of paid developers and can therefore be much more complex. They turn a large profit -- whether
through ad revenue or sales. Do you really think RS Games is doing that with our small ad revenue and sales? I promise you we are not.

So, next time you want to come on here and complain that we haven't released any new games or updates in a while, keep in mind that we have full-time jobs and have next to no financial incentive to develop for the blind community. If what we develop is never good enough, that takes the fun out of the project for us, which ultimately means we
won't bother setting aside even limited time for development.

We of course do welcome feedback and constructive criticism. We can't guarantee that we'll implement your feedback in a reasonable amount of time, but that doesn't mean we don't care. We want our platform to be the best it can be, and feedback from players is a big part of making that happen.

I hope this addresses some of the concerns on this thread. Feel free to reach out if you have questions or feedback.

Mike