Re: Our Great Adventure III -- now fully playable in English!

Most rpgs  larger amounts of xp per level. It's not a mechanic I particularly like but it is standard. However it seems the xp reduction here combined with the increased xp costs for levels seems rather high, especially given that this  not a game with big numbers for xp. Still it is what it is and I'll grind away big_smile.

With the plate launcher it just seems odd there is absolutely no way to get more amo for it, though your right on the iron balls and as I'm running through stage one grinding anyway I might as well pick up more of them.

For a general thing the reason I don't like increasing xp costs in rpg games is that it makes tougher monsters practically worth less than eaiser ones even though they are theoretically harder to kill.

So, say you have to get 100 xp to get to level one and a rat gives  five xp. That is 20 rats to level up. However, when you get to level 20 and are  fighting red dragons, the dragons might give 1000 xp each, however if you have   to get four hundred thousand xp to level to 21, that is four hundred dragons.
this makes rats practically speaking worth more than levels at the stage of the game when your fighting them, which seems absolutely insane to me from both a progression perspective and an in universe power perspective since there are presumably lots of people killing rats and not many who can kill red dragons, furthermore as red dragons are tougher you should learn more by fighting them, not less.

That is why I tend to like a fixed xp amount per level with monsters at the player's level awarding the same xp, so it would take the same 20 red dragons at level 20 to get to 21 as it took 20 rats at level 1 to get to level 2, though of course in action games that formula gets  a little muddy since manifestly a more skillful player can get by with less high stats and can fight beyond their level and visa versa, indeed arguably in action games having increasing xp costs per  is a bit more justified as  said, though if your going to increase amounts of xp needed for each level reducing costs from monsters as well still feels a bit superfluous.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kristijan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nyanchan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cansino via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : patjk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mahdi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector