Braille Plus 18 anyone?

Hey folks,

Was wondering if anyone here could help me out with this. I recently got my hands on an old Braille Plus 18, second generation, for hardly any money at all. Even though the device has been discontinued, I figured the price was cheap enough that I could at least have a basic note taker by grabbing this one. Alas, this thing seems to be rather more than just your basic note taker... And the way it's set up right now looks way different from the apparently out of date manual. For one thing, the manual says this device runs Android 2.3, but the one I've got is running Android 4.4.4. Was there an update posted for the device that was never reflected on APH's website? Thing is, there are no online resources whatsoever for the device, as APH seems to have pulled everything. Does anyone know what the latest news for this thing is, or have a suggestion on where to find the latest complete version of the software or something? I truly have no clue what I' ;m doing here...

Regards, Locutus.