Re: Windows Screen Reader Usage data

Orko wrote:

JAWS user here, with NVDA as a every once in a great while backup.

One thing that always bothers me about NVDA users is that they all talk about how it is free. Doesn't anybody offer NV Access anything in the way of donations? If that is the trend, eventually NV Access will have to shut down because nothing is free and without financial support from it's users, it won't survive in the long run, or they won't be able to do as much as they'd like because the funds to support it just aren't there.

Just one reason why NVDA will never be my primary screen reader. Even so, I give them $100 each year because I like what they are doing. Not everyone can afford something like JAWS so NVDA open the door to a good screen reader to those who couldn't otherwise afford one. And that is something I will support.

I agree with most of this. I just wouldn't donate or support a screen reader like NVDA. if I somehow ran out of money to pay for jaws I would use narator.