Re: Why Must People Crack Games

Defender in #2 nailed it. I was in the camp of having parents who didn't trust online card payments not too long ago myself. Ironically, wanting a crack for an audiogame was how I formed my very first big international friendship which spawned into many others a few years later. And to go full circle I later ended up buying many games, audio or mainstream, for some of those friends I made.

Anyway, that's probably the #1 reason why audio games get cracked. Children not being able to convince their parents to buy something, or not being able to afford it. Or simply being unable to buy it at all. As much as you might think Paypal is ubiquitous, there are parts of the world where noone uses it. Japan prefers local bank transfers, which is why it took so long for people to be able to buy Dreamy Train. China is an even more extreme example, I think the most popular system over there right now for online payments is something built-into the weChat app. I once looked into getting a full version of ZDSR (a Chinese screen reader) because it's fast, and not that expensive (about $80). Except there's literarly no way to buy it On-line and they expect you to either mail them a check, or call the company and make a Chinese bank transfer. I believe India is in a similar boat, where most banks only issue cards that work for local payments and again they have their own payment processing systems that are normally enough.