Re: Why Must People Crack Games

As much as I am obviously anti-cracking I will point out a few things that are absolutely true.
1. We-chat is worse than Amazon's monopolizing tactics as wechat is where you do everything, and it tracks your every move *chatting is just a secondary feature at this point* as you make your online transactions, doctors appointments, movie tickets, and transportation trips, through Wechat. Moral of the story, it's anything but Paypal. Now can you use a vpn? I'd encourage and advocate it. But not everyone is comfortable with that, or is in a country where such practices are actually illegal. Immoral, absolutely not if used with good intentions, but what the hell, the laws don't always align with that.
2. Garrett, you've got the right idea, but aren't getting it as far as doing that internationally. Look at a lot of posts you see on this forum, obviously no offense meant, but I could imagine it would be hard for them to, on some random person they may not know all that well, ask them to buy the game for you.
3. There's Trialpay, but like Paypal I'm not sure if it is allowed everywhere. Hey, what countries don't accept bitcoin? I wouldn't mind an out of sight games bitcoin address? Lol!
4. Garrett, Hollywood Edge does not fall under the same category, at least in terms of audiogames's no cracks policy. Now does that mean we can go passing it round on here, absolutely not, for obvious legal reasons. But it's not for the same reasons that cracking games is not allowed on here. It's simply about supporting developers, not stealing from them. Legal trouble is only a small part of that, indeed you can leave the tooth-and-nail lawsuits for the corporations that have the major financial backing for that practice. That does lead me to say though, if you don't wanna buy Hollywood Edge, just don't use the damn thing. I would say NS singlehandedly outdid Hollywood Edge, granted he didn't or maybe couldn't do all the sound categories Hollywood Edge has to offer, but in the ones he did they were pretty damn impressive. And even so, there are sound libraries, that included, and other sites like audioblocks that offer sounds far superior. Anyway, back on topic.
5. I remember when Cory aka CAE Jones addressed this issue quite nicely when d l e was released, saying that he would entertain other contribution within reason that wasn't financial, in other words if you couldn't pay then do something else like testing/writing a documentation, etc, obviously not writing a review though. Perhaps developers could maybe get into the practice of affiliation, indeed one of the reasons we kept the honorable mention of a h c on our own punchback news site is because it can't hurt, it just leads to more potential customers. That is, unofficially, us providing an affiliate link. Or that's how it would be done. A lot of companies are going down that road for customers to score a little extra by affiliating more customers through referral. Perhaps that could be a more common practice here for those who need a little financial help to buy games.