Re: Announcement, musical professor banned from the forum

I think Nocturnus has already explained my position and why I believe misogyny was present in this case.

however, the first and formost issue is that of a personal attack of the sort we don't permit on this forum and our response to that attack, I do not believe there is any doubt that a personal attack occurred from the evidence, or at least there was no doubt sufficient to the moderators to deter us from taking the action we have.

as to lord Lundin's claims, we do not, cannot and will  give privileged status to anyone on this forum irrispective of past conduct.

If you were the best games developer in the world, but still spent your time belittling and being a general arse to others, you'd still likely get yourself banned for the good of the community, our job here is to keep order and make this forum a welcoming place, and that doesn't happen if some users are allowed to get  mistreating others, indeed we frequently here complaints of online environments where that very thing happens.

I did say earlier that moderation needs to be adaptive, this does mean that any permanent ban is not absolutely categorically 100 permanent and will never be reconsidered in the future.

Were musical professor to contact us in a year or so and show that he can and has changed his attitude we would reconsider the ban, (we have done so with members in the past), however the change has to come from his side not from ours.

In a case like this a simple automated ban removal would not be enough to insure that the offender was likely not to do the same thing again, hence  why the ban is permanent as far as the forum goes, but why (despite several offensive emails directed at myself and the rest of the moderation staff which I have not shared), I have not blocked Musical professor's email address.

Hope this position makes sense.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Orko via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Orko via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector