Re: Urgent! problem with external harddrive

Hmmm.
had this happening with a 32gb drive, it died all of a sudden, no chance to get the stuff off of it, but I was only transfering it.
I have had 3 drives basically die in a row, one of them a seagate was new.
The other, a wd elements ran for 5 years straight, and was on all the time.
It died, a mybook I had but rarely used just died.
I was able to recover one of the drives but while I got most of it recovered the rest had mangled files if it wasn't for my half dead seagate I wouldn't have got most of my stuff back.
I am seriously thinking about either getting idrive or dropbox, then then buying expandrive and backuping all my data to a virtual network drive, it all costs a lot but maybe that may have to be the way.
Ofcause I am not sure how expandrive deals with sharing links or things so who knows.
Still its an option.
I started to investigate in getting a server not just for backups but for other things to, since with my brother getting a new house, his poky little shitty closet of a room will be available.
It will have a piano in it and maybe some other things, meanwile its probably perfect for a server of some sort to run.
No one in their right mind is going to fucking sit there for a long period anyway.
Its chief disadvantage is that its only window faces outside to the street and is low, it also gets direct sun.
I know that it is possible to have a pc in there as at one time there was one, and while it ran hot we are going to work on the ventilation, even with that sorted the fact is there will not be much of a space in there for much and another tower will be the best place for that.
The other is taking part of the studdy with the main computer spaces in there to have on if he moves his old box and such, but that in itself could be a problem, but it all depends.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : flyby chow via Audiogames-reflector