Re: Question about reading numbers in dollars and other currencies

@Orko: In Denmark, we are doing it the other way than you're explaining in post 5. So we are using a comma to separate the dollars from cents, and using a period for easier reading of large numbers in groups by 3. So, regarding to numbers, we use commas like you are using periods, and periods like you're using commas.. Trust me, this can cause extreme confusion if you don't know that difference. big_smile
I would like to hear if there are other currencies with this difference... smile
Edit: I finally got it!
I realize that 1000 cents is 1 dollar. I'm not sure on why I haven't heard about this before. I've only heard things like 10 cents or 50 cents.
In danish krone, my currency, 100 øre (cents in danish) is 1 danish krone. So, in other words, this is only two decimals.
So yeah, things are quite different. It might sound weird to you, but with  this difference, it took a while for me to understand. So again, thanks a lot for your explanations and help. big_smile