Any MLB the show players around? I have some questions

Hey everyone.
So I don't know why this came into my head again, might have to do with the spring season coming up again, I want to get into MLB the show games again, well, as far as this is possible anyway.
I know that there are some accessible ones, I think up till the show 2011, but I might be wrong on that.
Also, if possible, I want to play the season and road to the show modes, I think they are called that way, and I am wondering if this is even possible. Because I have the worry that for example the season mode has a sort of calender view where when you hit on the wrong date, the games till this date will be simulated, and I don't want this to happen.
I currently have a psp at my disposal, but it should be possible to pick up a ps3 if the need arises.
So, put together, my questions are, what is the most accessible version of MLB the show as a fully blind person, do the season and road to the show modes work?
Also what I have noticed, with some games on the PSP, I noticed when I save my progress, that, when I would restart the system and the game, the progress wouldn't have saved, this happened in the NBA games, but I am not sure if there are also other games having this problem.
Thanks in advance.
Greetings Moritz.