dectalk getting the mame treatment?

high,
I was looking through Emu Paradice for roms, and they have roms for 2 moddels of Dectalk synthesisers for mame.
This indecates that, at the very least, that work has begone on adding dectalk emulation to mame.
this gives dt the honer of being the second pc synthesiser to be emulated, after Votrax PSS.
I haven't tested it since I was mostly using mame to play arcade games (and to dick around with the tiger k28 emulation), so has anyone tested it?
also, would it be possible to rewrite the vbns driver to route the output to mame's personal speech system driver?