Interesting thing about sound in a movie

Hi,

This is a very interesting thing, that I’ve noticed about sound on dvd and bluray movies. The sound on a dvd is about a half tune higher, and a bit faster than the sound on a blu-ray. And it’s not just on a single movie. It’s almost all the movies I’ve hear trough the years. The funny thing is, that dvd’s came first, but blu-ray sound is the original sound. If you for example buy a soundtrack, on cd, from a movie, the music will sound the same way as on the blu-ray.

Here is an example: two youtube-videos with the same song from a movie. The first one from a dvd, and the second one from a blu-ray.

DVD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR2qfTWrX3w

Blu-ray:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIYL-PQa010

What do you others think about all that, and does someone know, why it is like that?

Best regards:
Aksel Christoffersen