Re: Could Someone Sell Me a Battery For an Old Victor Reader Stream

Well unless the new stream doesn't have an audio out, there's really no reason why not to have gotten one seeing as how it would have eliminated the need for a desktop version. You then avoid issues like this which means now you have a device that has no working battery, now you have to try to procure a battery for it, or its pretty much useless. The features in the new one are far more worth it than the old one and a desktop version. I've never used the new one, but I've seen plenty of demos, and they can join WiFi network, download podcasts and play radio, as well as connect to NFB newsline and so forth.

Being frugal is fine, trying to get more for less, but there's generally a point at which its just too good to be true. I'll give some examples of what I wouldn't do, but I've seen other people do. Dollar store dish soap, now, unless you literally don't have the money to get the more expensive stuff like Dawn, you should get it, because when you use dollar store or cheap dish soap, well let me back up. SO, at first, you think its a heck of a good deal since you look at the size of the bottle, and its fucking huge, and then you see the $4 shit, and its smaller, so you're like, hell yeah! SO you get it home, and here's my experience with it. You have to use 4 times as much of that stuff as you have to use the expensive stuff. If you put a few drops of Dawn in your sink or dish pan as you add the water, you're good, but with the cheap stuff, you're literally having to like turn it over and actively squeeze a lot of it into the sink. Now, consider that 4 to 1 ratio, and its not only that, the Dawn will cut grease like nothing else, the cheap shit you're scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing. SO again, unless you literally can't get the better stuff, the dollar store stuff isn't worth it, even though some of it smells good, like lemon etc.
Another thing is toilet paper. IF you buy the cheap stuff that feels like the stuff you use at public restrooms, you're really not saving any money. If I use that stuff, I have to take about 4 sheets fold them over, and fold them over again or my finger just goes like right through, its nasty. I use good shit and I use one sheet at a time and maybe fold it once, but I usually don't have to. and I use maybe 4 sheets in total, whereas with the cheap stuff, 4 sheets is like 1 sheet and then I have to use like 5 or so sheets.