Re: desafio mortal

Ramblings from me about the game.

Upon launching the game for the first time, I heard a door closing and nothing else. I tried some debugging with no avail. This lead me to the conclusion I had somehow been banned from the game, which was strange. After contacting a developer, I hear that the game automatically exits on discovery of the existence of an installed cheat engine. This is perhaps the dumbest method of prevention I've seen. I use cheat engine for more than just cheating games thank you very much. also I'll have you know a simple renaming operation is all that's needed. Have fun with your uncheatable game, oh and maybe add some sort of message warning users of your pathetic system. Maybe while your at it check for a debugger on the users system because you know, malicious!

The translation seriously needs some work. We, as end users, shouldn't have to use translation software just to figure out how to do basic things. It's more than happy to tell you to read the rules, but nothing about /rules what so ever?

Now for the stolen code aspect. I'm gonna be very, very blunt here. On the one and only positive note, I can see the developers and administrators have put quite a bit of hard work and dedication into creating maps, which can be fun to explore. Or at least as fun as you can get with a sidescroller.
I've played a lot of ultrapower, and unfortunately took time I'll never get back to know the codebase. When playing this game, I don't know or care what anyone's told, I see up written all over it. Many might want factual evidence to back this up, however without code proof is usually impossible, unless I can come up with some old bug. But still, that's not guaranteed. IMO all the proof you need is in the countless recordings of UP itself, BTB, CM, and the countless others like it.
Many people seem to be blinded by the existance of new features. If you don't know what I mean, read posts 15 and the like. Ultrapower and everything aside, I'm glad there's a revolutionary new FPS that allows me to actually, wait for it, take a piss!
I also don't want to see replies saying, "this shit again?", "moving on", "don't these complaints ever end?", "just don't play!". Your replies are nothing but an influx in the exact noise you think your preventing. I know many people play games, just because their games with no regard in the slightest because you know, what does it matter to them? I'm just hear to play. by reading this topic, post, you've been warned. The smartest people on the planet are often the ones who ask the most questions. The people who play this game and know about the possibility of cloning and stolen code are indirectly saying they don't care. Don't care about the hard work toward an original product, and comparatively small amount of work put forth by the one claiming to start something new. Don't care about anything other than playing a game because, they, find it a source of entertainment.

In summary, it's a disappointment to see that time does in fact repeat itself. We'll most likely always see games like this popping up that follow the same principal of those before it. I won't be returning other than to check the status. the fact that someone can rip off another persons work and get away with it for this long is absolutely absurd, as the bold faced lie made by the developer in denying use of ultrapowers code. Truly sad is how the playerbase is pretty big, and growing by the day. I wish I could expect this post to be taken seriously, maybe I'm writing this only to here myself talk. But I do hope at least one person will learn a little something and actually make considerations.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : techmaster20 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Diego via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Diego via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : braille0109 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seb2314 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : braille0109 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mohammed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mohammed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mohammed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mohammed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : animal metal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector