Re: I just got back from the movies and...

The haptic feedback sounds somewhat interesting, but I'm not sure if it's enough to make me go to more than the occasional movie once every few years. I don't like movie theaters, period. Why? Well, the prices are ridiculous! Food and drinks are overpriced. I suppose you could argue that you're paying more to be waited on hand and foot, but meh! There audio system is too loud and echoey. You can't pause the movie if you want to take a break, eat, pee, go to sleep, etc. You can't rewind if you missed something. The audio description units I've tried only broadcast the description, forcing me to listen to the description in one ear and the movie in the other. I much prefer having the track mixed into the program. You can't watch the program when ever you want. You must adhere to the schedule which is extremely irritating!

If I had my way, I'd get rid of cable TV and movie theaters. I don't appreciate advertisements or trailers for unrelated content. I don't want to stop everything I'm doing at 7:00 PM just to watch my favorite TV show or movie. Netflix rocks! Also, most of the movies that they show eventually end up on Netflix or iTunes, so it doesn't matter. I'd rather have an on demand copy rather than being forced to pay every time I want to view it.

What happened to movie pass? That sounds like a great idea, but apparently AMC and others hate it. How well does it actually work?