Re: I just got back from the movies and...

At least you don't live outside a city with a soda tax. I kid you not in Philadelphia you get taxed for soft drinks. The reason the food is so expensive is because the theater makes no money on ticket revenue. I think there's a theater around me that had or has the old chairs so it’s like $5 a ticket. Up the mountains in PA you can find movie tickets for $5 to because not many people go but yeah it is only going to get more expensive. When I was 10 or so there was only 1 Movie Theater that had audio description and only 1 movie at a time. I'm glad that they are all described now and the seats kind of make up for the price. They used to do student discounts and they don't even do that anymore. Still for me it is worth the price to go see a new movie. Don't get me started about the convenience fee if you order online. Also someone sighted always has to order them for me on the app as the seat selector is inaccessible.