Re: why developers should port their games to the Mac

@queenslight, 57, Linux is a subject I'm not really going to get into, save to sing the praises I know of it are entirely true, because I've had no patience with it.  That's more my problem than linux's fault, so I can't speak for or against it from a neutral standpoint, anymore than I could tell you why you should get a mustang or a Ferrari and why one might be better suited to you over the other.
But, I had a mac!  I sold said mac, not because I wanted to, but because, at the end of the day, my mac fetched more money than any of my windows PC's and I needed it... BAD!  I had it hooked up to my soundsystem!  It was thrilling!  I answered calls on my mac, and on my phone, and on my watch!  and on my iPad!  I did the same with messages!  I had a bluetooth keyboard!  I watched webcasts using Safari!  I listened to podcasts through all of those devices!  I typed out a few posts on my mac and submited them to ag net!  I even got BTSync up and running because, because why not!
And the whole time I was playing with my mac, I didn't play a single game.  the idea of virtualizing windows was outrageous; why even bother if I had a working windows PC?  That leaves every audiogame I've ever played out of the box, because windows, not OSX.  I took away great memories from the whole experience; being able to preview without leaving my list of files was probably one of the coolest things ever, particularly since I have a massive music library.  Bootup time was simply astounding!  Even the end was the most bitter sweet experience; after receiving the clearest instructions on how to trash all of my progress and reset to factory settings, I was simply able to do it all without any hastle... The end!
And all of that is doable on a windows PC, if you're willing to do the legwork.  Winamp and foobar may not let you preview in the same way, but you can customize either player to never show its face if you so choose so that you can just hit up arrow, down arrow, enter and get music.  Not good enough?  Want global shortcut keys?  Sure!  I haven't even scratched the surface of VLC because I just don't have the time, but it seems like a useful little gem.  I don't know what all FF and Google Chrome can do, and I haven't used IE in about 4 years, and I'm not using edge because win7 and I'm happy with the first two.  What I do know is that there's a ton of customizability there too.
But Linux?  You guys are way over my head and far more patient than I really have time to be.  The funniest and yet most admirable aspect you all have in common is that, you have all the bragging rights of the Apple fanboys times infinity, on steroids, and you don't use them, because you've all learned a little something called humility.  Your platform is open-source all the way through, it runs on practically nothing and does it successfully, it will always do so reliably, you can revive old trashed boxes with it, you can relieve the stress of programming with it, you receive more important and critical updates and you can specify precisely what you want and what you don't, you can secure and resecure and re-resecure your already securely secured system, you have a variety of distributions, it's all free to use and you don't need to argue with anyone about it.  Did I mention your communities are all around better?  Yeah, they'll help just about anyone even if you are an absolute doofus; I just don't have the humility to admit that... I'm an absolute doofus.
Because all of the above is true for me, about me, with me, around me and the like, it's windows for now.  Time stops for no man, woman or child; some people have a ton of it and will learn linux and I'll commend them all for it... I can't and I won't.  I'm getting too old, too fast, with three children to take care of and my silly, stubborn nature getting in the way of all that is new and seems far too daunting for me to take the plunge.  I should have done it when I was 10, but that was 20 years ago.  I chose to date windows, because she was so popular, and I was so taken in.