Re: Future of GoldGun: Production discontinued

Personally, I didn't see any extremely negative criticism  written anywhere about the game. Yes, people harped on about the subpar sound quality and things a lot more then they likely should have, but no one was particularly mean about it. And, as for the face touching thing, I had to stop playing the game because I just couldn't get past my frustration, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one, making it a game breaking issue for many people, one, mind you, that could have been fixed by deleting 30 seconds of dialogue without impacting the story of the rest of the game whatsoever.
I really don't know what to say here, other than if you hype up a game as much as this one was hyped, and it doesn't live up to expectations, people will be disappointed. this is the honest truth. if you can't deal with it, maybe you're not cut out to make projects for public consumption. the real world isn't full of rainbows. If this drives people away from making games, then so be it. I would rather have one good game than 500 terrible ones.
This game had potential, given a little work, even just as an audio drama blind legend esk game. personally, just deleting those 30 seconds of dialogue would have gotten it an okay from me, till I saw the future episodes. I'd not be surprised if many people agree with me on this point.
As to people going on about it being like turning down a free meal. If I'm given a free meal, and it gives me food poisoning, I'm probably going to tell my friends not to accept meals from the same person/place.
TLDR: a thick skin is required to make anything for any community, and really nothing rood/insulting etc was thrown at these devs. they folded because of people's honest feedback.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wlomas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector