Re: Future of GoldGun: Production discontinued

Again, no one has called them names, or told them they were useless, or that their game is moronic, or other such noncess. we'd be having a different conversation if that was the case. People raised criticisms, that is all. If only one or two people bring up an issue, it can be assumed that only they are facing that issue. if 50 people bring up an issue, you know that it's actually a big deal, so this asking people to hold back their feedback because people have said something similar is frankly ridiculous.
I also hate the attitude that occasionally goes on display here, where people come across as seemingly willing to defend it if a dev walked into their house and took a dump on their keyboard as long as they still continued to spew out games of any quality.
As the consumer, I have the right to express my criticisms of a product. I don't have the right to yell at them to change it right this second, but I do have the right to say, look, your game isn't working for me, and I honestly couldn't recommend it to most people, because x reasons. this is what happened here. Free or not, I, the player, have this right to voice my feedback. They don't have to take it, but I can still point it out.
Also, my understanding is that the blindness organization wasn't going to pay them anything if they didn't hit 10,000 downloads anyhow, which is a moot point considering the restrictions they placed on the script actively decreases the number of downloads.
Keep in mind I wasn't offended or anything, just very irritated. I consider myself very open to blindness related satire, but as a stareotype that I encounter rather regularly with sighted people in my normal life it still irritates me to no end to have to deal with it in a game. I play a game for escapism. It's like playing a game about a black character as a black person and having the character only ever eat fried chicken, not necessarily offensive, but still, probably irritating and tasteless to leave in once the problem was pointed out to you, even if it happened purely by accident.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wlomas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : siria via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector