Re: Future of GoldGun: Production discontinued

Come on, 33 and 34. Two things.
1. Financial reasons also contributed to this project being put on hiatus.
2. This is precisely the problem. You say people are harping on it more than they should've, yet you are still! harping about it. Do I have to remind you that the game was required to stick to the script for contractual reasons. I am quite sure that removing 30 seconds of dialogue, or replacing it, is exactly what the developers would've wanted to do. They have said time and again they don't like the script turnout and would change it, and yet you folks are telling them something they already know. Seriously, haters gonna hate I suppose.
It's true that being a developer requires a thick sin. It's true that you kind of have to keep on trucking regardless of what people say if they get butthurt. But a developer cannot mute their initial thread out, because then they could be missing some crucial feedback that could've got posted. So, while it's true a developer should try and keep going regardless of what people say, this does not give anyone the right to be dickish towards the developer. Remember that this is the primary reason people like Ian Hamilton have suggested mainstream developers steer clear of this forum, precisely because! of some folks in this community just not hearing when enough is enough. Yes, i completely get that a developer should take constructive criticism, that's completely valid. Yes, I understand that destructive criticism will happen at some point (there's always one.) But if people see that the same thing has been posted over and over, then it's going to get annoying because amid some genuine feedback posts, you are reading the same damn thing again and again. I have to give it to those who have taken the time to reflect on what their actions may have caused a developer to do, but this is not a thread to continue this imaginary unresolved grievance some people may have with this game.
Also:

Rashad wrote:

I would rather have one good game than 500 terrible ones.

I know this is figurative, but hold it right there. In the mainstream world, we can afford to wait around for the next big game amidst dozens of others. We should know damn well that that isn't the same with audio games; every audio game released has an impact.
Also, can I point out that some blind people act so spoiled when it comes to misconceptions? Don't get me wrong I'm not discounting the fact that there is legitimate discrimination going on against blind people and that is to be condemned, but when people are fighting against actual racial/other slurs that are much more harmful and damnable words being used, blindness misconceptions are merely harmless. Do we need to educate? Certainly, but that's just it, educate and not shove blindness into everyone's face. This is precisely why parts of the nfb get a bad rap, precisely because of the general whiny attitude. If we could take the time and realize that some people just don't get it because of the media's portrayal of blind people and their general limited interaction with blind people, and aren't trying to knowingly cause any harm, then we would take the time to educate them more rather than slam them.
You complain about being judged yet you judge others like no one's business. Ok, fine, then give me a list of blind people *insert person here* has interacted with. Come on, you've been keeping tabs on them, you must be, or else...can't do it huh? I thought so. Remember, the script-writer has said time and again he had only had interaction with one blind person, the sound engineer. Could he have done more research? Absolutely. Could this community have been a source or research, even after the fact? Hell yeah! But were most of it? Hell no! And that's what people need to think about.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wlomas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector