Re: Future of GoldGun: Production discontinued

siria wrote:

Hi!
I'm sorry to say this, but, in my opinion, taking a step back is the best thing the developers can do. I played the game and, onestly, it didn't seem a game at all, because there was no challenge. I know it was meant to be just a taste of the future, but a taste has to make you hungry, and, for me at list, this didn't happen. Think about the sighted comunity: how do you think they would react if they've been promised a revolutionary game but they get something where they just have to follow someone that's walking or tilt the phone following, for example, a light?
However, I don't say this to discourage you developers further. On the contrary, I say this because we need passionate developers as you seem to be, and I think that a pitstop to rethink how you want to proceed and how to enance the quality of your products is the most clever and, most of all, the most respectful thing toward our comunity.
So, keep up your work and your hopes. For me, I'll certainly buy or download your next games, because I'm curious to see where will you go.

@46:

You just described most AAA games, with an escort mission, and most games with motion controls, or in some cases mobile games. Difference is......sighted gamers *could* (I was gonna say *will* but....times they are a changing), bite on marketing. Also. To carry on your sighted gamer comparison.

Look up Telltale. Observe their games. Simplistic as hell. Yet. They were able to land massive, massive licenses with virtually no gameplay. Batman. Walking Dead. Game of Thrones, Minecraft Story Mode. All those games were, and I own the GoT games.....basically......pick a dialogue choice, and do a QTE. That....is the whole game. Oh, maybe walk around a tiny area.

So. Goldgun Ep 1 had more gameplay than a Telltale game (not hard to do really). If Telltale had made their games audio only, people would swiftly find they have as much gameplay as your average quickly made audiogame. No. I'm not joking. Telltale were a studio that had one hit game and milked the above formula of barely any gameplay......and paid for it by running out of money

Also, again. A game where you follow people? Let me get the sales numbers for, literally, every modern FPS, ever. In those games you follow your team mates around. Find a door that's lockd? Oh. Gotta have your AI buddies open it. Find a vehicle? Oh, got to wait on your AI buddies to climb in before you can. Then....there's Gearbox's entire library of games that are......

Start game. Follow <insert NPC here> around. Shoot things. Collect loot. That is, at a simple level.EVERY Gearbox game. Ever. And most 'Triple A' shooters. Hell, even indie games have done this. Just....look up playthroughs of Borderlands 1 and 2, Aliens Colonial Marines, or any modern FPS. You'll be staring at the back of your teams heads for 90% of the game length.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : siria via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : siria via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : siria via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector