Re: Gathering Community Consensus is Now Not OK

It's hard to just sit by and accept that Mason can get away with what he's doing. That's my thing, and no this isn't an attempt to stir it back up again, here's what I'm saying. I get the staunch opposers' views about it's only a game, why get so upset over a game, etc. Yeah, it is and it isn't. I agree, none of us *need* games. But let me remove your research paper you've been working on for a week, or let me get rid of that beat you've been working on casually for a month or so. Let me get rid of some of the stuff you put lots of work into and see how you feel about it. I'm not one of the ones out here saying that the game needs to be up until the end of time. I get that's not possible to do. What I am saying is that people put hours into making those maps and now they're just gone. Also, 2DP is an offline game with some of the same, actually, much of the same aspects about it. The maps could actually be ported over to 2DP as long as you took all the sources that are in SBYW and not in 2DP and changed them over to 2DP sounds. My point is, people lost a lot of their work. Now, to play devil's advocate, they damn well could have backed up those maps, thus making that argument null and void. The builder is nice, but it can't undo stuff, or say, I made a mistake, I need to shift this entire platform right by one, it can't do that. So, in those instances, what you have to do is ask the server for the code and it will send it to you in a chat message, copy pasta into notepad and edit, then with a prefix command to let the server know you're sending map code, you paste back in. But there's no reason people couldn't have then backed those files up. You have the whole version control thing, like maybe reverted to a previous version after the server goes down, but you could back up over a few days, or every day or what have you.

To me, at least, it's the principle of the thing. And it's not so much him being him, look at how other people are going to be looking at him. There are a lot of young people coming up now wanting to get into game development. What if they like Mason and decide to act like that. He's a role model for them whether he knows it or not. Because there are so very few developers that make good, fun, and compelling games, he could easily be seen as a favorite one, because he is a talented coder and his games are usually fun. Also, there's just something that bothers me about someone who thinks they can just act like that and skate on by without dealing with any consequences. I see him turning into the next Danny and damn that's sad to see. I think he needs validation from us or he wouldn't be here, because yeah a few years ago, the community really did hurt him badly, this was when I wasn't in the know, wasn't into audio games, etc. So, I can't speak to any great detail except what I've had told to me, but yeah. I get him having no love for this community, but then, why even develop for it. OK, he's made that choice, but only apparently, because he disappears, comes back, and repeats this over and over.

I guess I do just have to let it go, I'm not good at that, one kid we caught trying to steel my brother's bike and I chased that little turd muffin a long way, I didn't plan on hurting him, just putting the fear of god into him. Also yeah, since this was a bit unclear I want to make it clear, I'm not about hurting Mason, as in, I don't want the dude to actually die, or to kill himself or any of that. I do want him to own up to his BS, but I don't want to see any harm befall him.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : SLJ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector