Re: Gathering Community Consensus is Now Not OK

Re: Post 21:

Finally a moderator who can tell the things without letting his personal emotions to ruin it. Because sadly, one of the staff members likes just closing the topics and every opinion that is different from the accepted one, is extremely bad.
I am sorry, didn't want to attack anyone personally, but i guess we all know who i was talking about.

I find this a pretty passive aggressive attempt to complain about Jade, without actually owning up to the fact that you are indeed criticizing how you perceive Jade's efforts at being a moderator. You keep claiming to not wanting to give offense, all while doing so.

Jayde, it was not pointed to Dark. He never wanted to play the big boss here, he treated us as people, and he accepted opinions. It's not about that you don't, but you make it impossible. And no, i'm not attacking you, it's only a honest opinion. Okay, maybe those threads would have just created  more drama. But where to express opinions if not on the forum? Can i be honest? This is starting to be like a bad parliament. Like there are two groups, who are against eachother, and both of them try to make the other's opinion impossible to tell. I'm not against you or anything, but we can't always have positive opinions about everything. It's just how life goes.

Maybe I haven't read all the posts, but I've yet to see evidence of Jade doing this. If Jade really wanted to silence people's opinions, he would've deleted the topics, rather than just closing them. What I've observed Jade doing is quelling the flames of drama, which to my understanding, MasterOfDeath really would rather fan than extinguish. I (for one) am glad that the moderators are trying to make the Audiogames forum not at home to drama and bickering. Can anyone please point out a topic which the moderators closed that was full of productive exchange rather than dramatic sniping and flaming? If so, I'll retract my defense of the current moderation efforts.

I realize there are forums such as 4chan which promote drama and rivalry, but if you like that environment of discussion, there are plenty of other avenues for that kind of strifemaking. I prefer a well moderated forum where we're more concerned with games than one another's dramatic explosions.

In an unrelated note, I saw above that even some moderators were considering or wishing there were a way to mark various developers as untrustworthy. I'm very much against this mindset. While I agree that users should be made aware of an unscrupulous person, I don't think it's the job of the forum to get into policing.
For one, the policing is relegated to the efforts of a few people. This basically means that a moderator with a vendetta against a particular individual could elect to mark them as untrustworthy. While it's true enough that other moderators could later fix this issue, for the interim where such a demarcation is allowed to stand, anyone could come along and see it, and knowing no better, believe the erroneous developer report.
It also falls a bit too closely towards the anti character assassination clause which the forum should be upholding. It's one thing for users to criticize a developer, but it's another thing for that developer to be unequivocally denounced as a bad developer by the site's staff.
(Slightly off-topic tangent) To extend this even further, remember that even the moderators had an issue with users expressing negative opinions about the Golden Gun game, and so far as I can tell, those opinions were pretty civil, if repeated. I myself see nothing wrong with a repeated opinion, but it was such a big point in the topic about toxicity on the forums that I think it bears some lighting upon. There's nothing wrong with multiple users expressing the same opinion. The moment we start saying X Y and Z's already expressed that opinion, please don't add to it with yours, you're beginning to devalue the opinions of your users. Would you make the same stance against repeated opinions if several other users has already said this game is great, for example?
Ultimately, I think we need to leave the _expression_ of opinions about developers to the users, leaving Audiogames.net to be a discussion forum, rather than a place to evaluate and demarcate developers into acceptable and unacceptable divisions. Lets just get in some good games.

Kai

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : SLJ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector