Re: Killer Instinct and Other Fighting Game Viability

There is a totally blind competitive player in Street Fighter V. I believe his name is Blind Warrior Sven. I, for one, am a casual fighting game player and I do ok. I am low vision and have been playing Capcom and NRS fighters for most of my life. I regularly get bodied by totally blind players in SFV and Injustice 2. It takes patience and time but it can definitely be done.  I have a PlayStation so I’ve never played KI  but I hear the sound design is great .  Memorizing the menus isn’t a big deal in a fighting game.

I recommend taking some characters and messing around with them in training mode.  Find a moves list and combo list online and try  doing what you can. When you find a character that clicks,  hop into arcade mode or something that pic to you against the computer just so you get a feel for the basics.

You won’t really get better until you play other people, though.
Try to find people to play with from these forums or just a friend that you can play with .
I’ve had the luck of playing with smoothgunner  among others  and get good feedback on my gameplay.

Sadly, school is kicking my ass and I haven’t been able to play much these days.
Once in a while, I still jump on  Soul Calibur VI and get  some matches in online.

In my opinion, some games have a player base   That are just savages even in lower ranks.  If I play Street fighter V online  against random opponents, I have to be mentally prepared to lose a lot... especially if I’m not playing at the top of my game.
Whereas with something like  Mortal Kombat XL and Soul Calibur VI, I fair much better online...  even though I am fairly certain I am considerably worse in those games.

A little off topic but I believe the latest  Dead or Alive has a lite version with 4 characters playable in online ranked and limited offline modes.  But I’m not sure how this sound design is in that game as I’ve heard close to  nothing about it.