Re: The beginning of the end for jaws?

Narrator can get as good as it wants, as can NVDA and JAWS. I'll switch between them as is necessary, exactly like I do now. First one to allow me to access my personal machines over Teamviewer wins. NVDA Remote is nice, but I'm a little lacking in spare Windows servers to run it on. JAWS's remote access option is nice, but that costs extra (I have it), and it's only available if you're running JAWS pro (I am, for reasons), and a lot of things have to go exactly right for you to actually use the feature--including the computer you're remoting into running an equal or earlier version of JAWS than you are, so your remote access authorisation will actually work. Plus, Remote Desktop isn't actually available on windows 10 unless you're running pro and explicitly enable it, so it's either Teamviewer, LogMeIn, or nothing. If Narrator can fill that gap and allow me remote access without shitting the bed, then on days I need that access, Narrator will be my best friend. Similarly, if I discover that JAWS will let me do it, VFO, or FS, or whatever they're calling themselves by this time 2020 can take my money and say thank you. And if NVDA invents an option that isn't NVDA Remote, I'm all in. Other than that, I have no loyalty. JAWS is my go-to for my server work, NVDA is my go-to if I need to turn and burn a VM for reasons, and Narrator stays in the back pocket if I need to squish an edge case the other two miss--usually because that edge case caused one or both of them to choke on themselves and die. If any one of them use what's going on as an excuse to improve, I win. If JAWS and NVDA fold, I'll buy a Mac. If I'm going to be forced to rely on one screenreader, I may as well rely on the one with experience being decent at it.