Re: The beginning of the end for jaws?

Interesting topic, with some interesting times. I don't want to go into much publicly, but I've recently had my first ever RNIB experience. The guys, after finding out I was an NVDA user, were genuinely curious, as all their none-visual users are still on JAWS, and they were asking me what's the point of paying, when narrator and NVDA exist. Nice to see some change there.
I hope I'll never have to deal with JAWS. NVDA'S temporary performance issues got me worried, but after seeing some 2019 things, I have hope. My personal idea is to pull out with NVDA until I'm forced, and when I say forced, I mean just that, to go on win10, and by that time, hopefully, narrator will be good enough. And for things that it isn't, I'll just use NVDA.
Narrator even has partial chrome support now. As for things like office, you'd hope Microsoft's own product is compatible with one another.
JAWS dropped the price, sure, but I'm afraid it's too late. Given you got built in narrator, with no performance issues, plus you got NVDA that clamped down on add-on security, and is finally making the switch to python 3, (I'm hoping for a massive code clean up when that happens) things could be good. And despite contracts, I don't know why businesses would pay for. Tech departments are lazy. If they on't have to configure a screen reader, whether that be JAWS or otherwise, all the better for them.