Re: World building

I don't know. back before I started writing seriously I'd have agreed completely, I loved making up fantasy societies and weird circumstances, and I certainly agree  are plenty of badly built worlds out there with plot holes you could drive an airship through.

The problem though, is as I've started writing myself, I've  that the majorly important thing is how information is presented to the reader and what experiences the characters themselves have, as opposed to making a long list of esoteric details about the world.

occasionally, I do find I need to flesh out a detail,  find myself coming up with an idea that I want to present to the reader and just have sit there for a bit of fun, however in most cases what I'm concerned about is how the world affects  characters  what the ultimate goal of the story I'm working on is.

then again, I haven't yet started on a novel, thus far I'm working on what is planned to be an sf novella, and as such it has a very specific character and goal in mind, hence why I always need to be aware of where Checov's gun is pointing.
its possible that when (eventually), I have the experience and time to plot a full scale novel, matters will be different.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : skluttrell via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector