Smugglers 5 advice?

Hey all. Did anyone actualy win the war in Smugglers 5 secession? Getting frustrated by the artificial inteligence that is high command in the game. First of all. Why do we attack if we are already defending on i believe two or three fronts? The Federation diplomats are total idiots if they are at war with every other faction in the game. Like, we are in all out war with everyone else, we are attacked on three fronts, and suddenly the high command decides to attack. I'm just only one mere spaceship, i can not teleport and defend our worlds yet help the invasion as well. Okay, enough rant, now my question. How do you deal with these situations where far away systems need to be defended? And am i the only one who gets irritated by the complete defenseless faction if we are not influencing the war with our own hands? I'd expect at least some chance of victory if i'm not helping my faction on the battlefield, it seems if they're just sitting there and doing nothing waiting for me to arrive. Or am i wrong and we have a chance of victory without my help just i'm unlucky?