Re: Monthly chat May 2019

As i said in the reviews of the koontz books I've done, I find Koontz a bit too fluffy and prone to very preachy, sterreotypical characters on occasions, so I'd be cautious about reading Koontz myself, although my lady is a fan.
I've just finished the Goblin Emperor by Katharine  Addison, which was really good, albeit its not a book for people who like fast action or everything clear, since its basically all about the politics and the emotional journey of a boy who winds up emperor when he didn't imagine being. This means I have two reviews to bang out both for very good books, Record of a spaceborn few and the goblin emperor, and just to be completely unhelpful I've got a virus which has given me a sore throat and left me feeling bloody awful which definitely doesn't! help.

Because I wanted something light and a bit fun, I decided to read a book of buffy the vampire based stories called tales of the slayer. This is actually really good, accept  I'm wondering if any of the slayers actually get to live at all big_smile.
The last story I finished in the collection, all about Elizabeth Bathroy was virtually game of thrones like in its level of making you think "wow she's going to get out of this!" and then ending with the slayer's very grizzly death, but hay that's not unexpected in horror fiction big_smile.

So, not a lot going on at the moment other than feeling aweful and reading about aweful vampires.