Re: Just a Quick note

I haven't changed much in the six months I've been a mod. My desire to hunt down the truth is as it ever was - in other words, tireless - and my tendency to chase is still very much in evidence. I am capable of weighing many viewpoints, and while I have definitely made mistakes, I've owned them without reservation. I'm not perfect, and I'm not going to try and kid anyone about that. I began my tenure by being part of a crackdown that went quite a long way too far. I've been harsh at times. But I have, above all, been transparent, open to valid criticism and reasonably fair-minded. I don't let personal grudges get in my way.

And why do I mention all of this in a thread that is mostly meant to discuss Liam leaving?

It's simple, really. I'm just tired of the backbiting.

If you haven't been on the staff list in the last six months, you have no reason to speculate as to how it's being run, or why a person is leaving. Doing so without any proof or any cause just casts doubt on past actions and makes you look bad. I am very ready to call a spade a spade and say that the pursuit of truth can sometimes come with a personal grudge attached; I sense some lingering bitterness due to past misdeeds and mishandled situations, but the current staff team does not deserve this sort of judgment...unless, of course, you're about to be part of another tell-all which will shed light on the state of the staff team and its decision-making for all and sundry to peruse?

No? Not going to do that?

Great. Then let us do our job. Enough with the snide behind-the-hand "it was probably such-and-such, it just about has to be". I've been harping on a lot lately about bad faith, and this was absolutely a bad-faith attempt at speculation.

If you want to come forward with proof/evidence/other compelling reasons why a certain thing happened, or is happening, fine. I welcome it, and I know that there is nothing I need to be afraid of or disgusted for. I have nothing to hide. Let me put this into perspective. I've dealt with cloning, personal attacks, silly infighting between users, long-winded political arguments, multiple accounts, tireless arguments that go in circles...and this sort of sneaky suspicion-raising is probably the most personally troubling for me. It tells me that no matter how good a job one might do, there will always be someone ready to throw a little mud in the name of so-called truth. There will always be someone ready to take a shot from the sidelines and then spit-polish their own image. There will always be those who are ready, as well, to defend such people because they were part of change that needed to happen, implying that any attempted conspiracy-theorizing on their part must contain at least a nugget of truth simply because of their prior proximity to a situation that is now half a year dead. News flash: it doesn't work that way. Ignorance is ignorance, pure and simple, and I'm just a bit done with having to field it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : UltraLeetJ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : UltraLeetJ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : SLJ via Audiogames-reflector