Re: Just a Quick note

If I were to put myself in your shoes, here's what I'd see:

1. Some new dude jumped into a situation, got in over his head, made a vote with insufficient evidence and happened to be a tie-breaker. Huge mess. I'm annoyed. The first thing I'm going to do in a case like that is to either a) try to invalidate his vote due to his not being part of the situation, or b) talk to the rest of the team about how things were handled, asking if due process was followed. Yes, I would do this even if I had strong reason to fear or suspect suppression. You did not do this.
I would not do as you did, and promptly quit and then get angry because you were outvoted/you feared everything would go back underground again. Please remember that ignorance and corruption are very different things.
2. This new dude was part of some serious mismanagement shortly after showing up. Again, I'm annoyed. He's loud, he's wordy and he doesn't stop. This is troubling. When he starts to rein himself in and things start to calm down, I'm willing to at least see where everything's at, but I'm wary.
3. Things go on for months. Nothing truly objectionable happens after this. Due process is followed. Open dialogue is sought wherever possible. Accountability is maintained. Promises are kept regarding the rewording/clarification of rules and the formalization of warning procedures. I can, at this stage, only conclude that despite an extremely rocky beginning, this guy is getting his act together. I don't agree with everything he does, but I can see where he's coming from.
4. Regarding the way he tends to sing his own praises? Personally, facts are facts. I have no problem with someone saying "I am good at such-and-such" or "I have learned from this incident". This isn't bragging, it's confidence. Were the shoe on the other foot, and were it you saying the things I'm saying in precisely the same position, the absolute worst thing I'd be saying is something like, "Okay, so keep putting your money where your mouth is. It's easy to congratulate yourself or speak well of yourself, but harder to live up to it". Personally, I don't think I've inflated my own importance here, and I sure as hell haven't downplayed my mistakes, not for a second.

After this brief exercise, I'm left wondering what exactly it is that you want, or think you want. I'm also forced to accept on a gut level that you and I are very different people. The way you wrote your last post, the loaded phraseology, the assumptive nature of many of your claims and stances, tells me that it is you, not I, who actually came into this with expectations, and because you saw things which may well have fed into what you did not like, you leapt on them. Refer back to my point about oversensitization in a prior post to see what I'm getting at. It happens to everyone. You see fire everywhere, so the next time you see someone with a lighter in hand, you deem them guilty before you know all the facts. Puzzle pieces are nudged and pressed here and there to suit an agenda. That is what has happened here. No more, no less.

But thank you for being willing to back off. I'll do the same. I'm going to keep doing my job, though.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : SLJ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : GauravSharma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : GauravSharma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : GauravSharma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ty via Audiogames-reflector