Re: preparation regarding copyright

Funny thing: I actually agree that this place is overadministrated.
As in, I don't like that we feel the need to be as present as we do. I don't like that things keep popping up. Unauthorized code forks, people stealing from each other and insulting one another and all the rest. I don't like that. I want it to go back to a more hands-off policy as much as possible.

The result of the previous hands-off policy is that power rested largely in the hands of one person. One person many of you basically turned on when he did things you didn't like. You started voting with your feet, as it were, doing things more loudly and forcibly in order to be heard. And ever since then, it's been off-and-on building. I'm not saying I've been perfect - lord knows I have not been, and I know it - but to put this squarely or even largely at my feet is preposterous. Look at the few people we've banned in the last little while. Look at the increased personal attacks, and the way some people will complain no matter what is tried. I wish I could run a little pocket universe where we took a largely hands-off policy for, say, a whole year, just to see what would happen. Me, I'd bet on a tempest in a teapot which tore the forum apart. But I've been wrong before, and I'm certain to be wrong again.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : SkyGuardian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : simba via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : simba via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector